Thursday, March 21, 2013

Kiti XiaoAi

Spending my Sunday this week for photo shooting. I'm so glad and appreciate as well thanks to my model for willing to let me having photographing. She's Kiti XiaoAi.

Kiti is a very funny girl. As i can say, a nice candidate for candid/ portrait shooting model. She's not those professional model. But what end out that we both have the same path for photo style, shooting and some idea that sharing to each others.



My idea is to photographing the cuteness and sweetness of her. Why? because she consists a very sweet face and kind of like attractive when i was trying to editing photo. Haha! the first idea i get is to shoot her when she wake up. Roughly idea of a wake up face. 






But then end out my flash problem. Who ask i was buying cheap stuff? What i can say i love photo shooting. But i still believe that images is made from my eye, not the camera. One of my friend were asking me before the shooting day. What lens would i bring? I just say a 18-55 kit lens and 50mm f/1.8. His expression told me that no, that's not the proper lenses for photo shooting! But my believe is that no matter what lens i using, if i have the eye of creation, i believe i can do it. Although people say that gear is important! But this topic would be never end if you trying to discuss is camera important? So let's jump to the next!


Picture above is Kiti's room. People always said that a ladies room is forever forbidden to guys. Perhaps because of the secret that the ladies trying to hide, or the room is the only place to review out the nature of her. But no matter how, My one is exception.. haha!


After that, she changed cloth and is time for outdoor shooting. We went to the canal near Mail Box, Birmingham. Is not a really sunny day but still. a good light source for shooting. Mostly outdoors shoot idea was by Kiti's. Why? Because my brain was frozen by the icy cold weather. I can't really think that time. but luckily my hand still working properly.



Picture below is the photo that almost satisfy my entire shooting time. the right time, the right place, the right light. I can't really say about it and talk about it. Picture is more then thousand words. 







---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I am hungry when i shooting. Hand almost shaking like a old nanny. But at least someone is trying to stealing my food. And after the lunch, we headed back to hostel. and Kiti is changing her badass cloth and i was waiting at the laundry, seeking for heat.

But it come out that she was very badass when i shooting picture below.










After that, Is time to shooting with cigarette. I have this idea when one of my friend telling me shoot something about smoke. So was i was come out is having a cigarette. She's brave enough to try this shot and she really do inhaling the smoke inside (only mouth). But disclaimer: She's not a smoker. She's a 100% good girl! (although i find out she's getting crazy when you get to know her more). I truly salute to Kiti for sacrificing herself to art/photography.









 
At last.. I was exhausted, sleepy and camera almost out of battery. 400 photo, chosen 70 and final pick around 30. But the one that really i would chosen for my portfolio would be just 2 or 3. But again i am very appreciate Kiti's help. At least she let me know how my photographing skills go. 



Enjoy the reading!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment